I stayed 4 nights in this hotel after reading many good reviews on Tripadvisor. I have to agree that this hotel is indeed lovely with many friendly and helpful staff. Let me start with the positives:
1) Location – very well located within downtown Vancouver. This hotel is within walking to many places in the city including Canada Place and Chinatown. Granville station is just next to it and further down, you have Vancouver City Center.
2) Friendly staff – the staff goes all out to help you with your stay in the hotel. They are also more than happy to guide you to places to go to and places to eat within the city. Special mention goes to Gary and the other lady (my apologies for not getting her name) who have been exceptional.
3) Breakfast – Cook to order breakfast is available every morning. Although it is not a buffet, the size of the breakfast is more than enough to last me till lunch at least. Choices are a little limited with only 3 options of Continental, Classic and Omelette.
4) Comfortable room with L’occitane amenities. The toilet floor is even heated!
Now for the negatives:
1) Room size – being a boutique hotel, the room is a little small (for North America). There is no fridge in the room.
2) A chance encounter with an unfriendly staff – on the day I checked out, this one staff (whom I guess is an exception rather than the norm) by the name of Keith seems rather cold, unfriendly bordering on being rude when I tried to confirm with him my bill. He seemed rather impatient in answering my questions (a stark contrast to Gary!)
3) Small and slow lift – for same reason as number 1
I will definitely consider staying in this hotel again in the future!
Rates | Reviews | Pictures | Map | Hotel Info
Boutique hotel is Vancouver’s own city centre, New York-style, heritage hotel that offers classic, yet contemporary accommodations. The hotel is within walking distance of Rogers Arena, fine shopping, numerous restaurants including it’s own and the convention centre.
View St Regis Hotel Vancouver in a larger map
St Regis Hotel Vancouver
602 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, British Columbia